I’ve been making banana oat cookies for some time now, in truth, I’ve tried pretty much every non-compulsory mix-in you could photo with this simple cookie recipe: white chocolate cranberry, cinnamon raisin, chocolate walnut, raspberry vanilla, you name it! My circle of relatives eats them loads for breakfast.
The base of these cookies is very simple, just bananas and oats. Customize for your liking after that.
But, the other day I were given to questioning. I make this definitely accurate chocolate banana smoothie for my daughter (frozen bananas, cacao powder, greek yogurt, flax-meal and almond milk), and it hit me. What if I incorporate cacao powder into the banana cookies and lead them to SUPER chocolatey! How should I in all likelihood go incorrect?
Well, they grew to become out great! I would sincerely propose adding in different blend-ins of your preference (like chocolate chips or nuts for added flavor and texture), but even just these three substances on my own are incredibly delish. They clearly hit the spot when I’m craving some thing candy!
Healthy Chocolate Oat Cookies
SERVINGS: Approximately 15 cookies
- 2 very ripe large bananas
- 1 cup of brief oats (search for gluten-free oats if you have an allergic reaction– some oats are infected with small strains of wheat)
- 2 small tbsp of unsweetened cacao
- Optional blend-ins of your preference (chocolate chips, cacao nibs, chopped nuts, raisins, coconut flakes, flax seed, vanilla, diced raspberries, dried cranberries, and so on.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 stages and line a baking sheet with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
- Mash 2 ripe bananas in a bowl, after which blend in up to 2 tbsp of unsweetened cacao powder and 1 cup of quick oats until a cookiedough-like batter is formed (the quantity of oats you want depends on the scale of your bananas, so begin with 3/4 of a cup and upload extra as wished). The aggregate will seem dry in the beginning, however after a few minutes of blending with a spoon it’ll grow to be a nice consistency.
- Fold in any blend-ins you plan on including to the batter (I added a large handful of chocolate chips).
Place about 15 clumps of your cookie dough aggregate flippantly in your baking sheet. Flatten and mold them with your arms to shape “cookie” shapes (those cookies will no longer flatten or trade form with baking).
- Bake at 350 levels for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy!! Like maximum cookies, these are exceptional while served warm, right out of the oven, however you could also save them in a tupperware box or ziplock bag for later.
These can also be made the conventional way with out the cacao powder which makes the recipe greater versatile (cinnamon raisin, white chocolate cranberry, and so on.). You can see that recipe right here.
Try rubbing a bit coconut oil to your fingers before shaping your cookies to prevent them from sticking for your palms.